Monday, October 4, 2010

Learning about myself..



Lately, I've been thinking a lot about myself. But before you go thinking I'm selfish, hear me out. I am on the ImPRessions account for the school of journalism, and this week we've been picking freshman to blog about their experience as freshman in the jschool. This lead me to think about the person I was as a freshman, and ultimately helped me realize how much I have changed from two years ago. I don't know when I realized just how much I've grown, but I have become increasingly aware of it. Regardless, I'm glad I've finally realized who I am, and who I want to be. Knowing who I am, what I stand for, and what I believe in allows decision-making in all aspects of my life to be virtually effortless, as well as making my like seem more fulfilled, and just makes me a generally happy and positive person.


Also, I found these questions that someone on a blog I follow answered about themselves, and thought it would be interesting to do them myself..

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

A perfect fall day, feeling carefree.

What is your greatest fear?
I think getting old, and death.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I admire Coco Chanel very much, although our lives are in no way similar. I also hugely admire Queen Elizabeth I and Amerlia Earhart. See a trend?

Which living person do you most admire?
I really do admire Lady Gaga. Say what you want, but she's true to herself. Also, my dad.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I stress very easily.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
I dislike when people lack passion about something in their lives.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Shoes. Good coffee. Sunny weather.

On what occasion do you lie?
When I know I won’t feel guilty about it.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
mmm... I don't have a flat stomach.

When and where were you happiest?
Summertime in high school when I had absolutely nothing to do. Also, being a little kid sitting in the living room staring at the Christmas tree late at night.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I stress out about things too much.

If you could change one thing about your family what would it be?
That some of them don't get along.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Figuring out who I am (although its a constant process), and finishing my undergrad in three years.

If you died and came back as a person or thing what do you think it would be?
a 1940's movie star, a flapper in the 20's.

What is your most treasured possession?
Probably the doll I've had since I was 2.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Total dependence on others, having no one who cares about you.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Definitely my dad. He's awesome.

What is it that you most dislike?
People who lack goals and drive.

How would you like to die?
Unafraid, accepting, fulfilled

What is your motto?
"The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude."

No comments:

Post a Comment