Monday, June 28, 2010

Life as an Intern - Week 1

This summer, I am living a "townie summer" and staying in Athens to take 16 hours of class, and intern at the Ohio University Alumni Association.

Last week was my first week of work and I have to say - I already love it! My coworkers have been so helpful in showing me how to figure out how to do my tasks, I couldn't ask for better, friendlier people (unless, of course, I was in West Virginia).

My official title is "Regional Programming Intern", and my boss, Dawn, is wonderful - she's incredibly down-to-earth, and really loves her job which makes the work environment very pleasant.

I'm mostly just excited to be able actually work in an internship that I will actually be able to do PR. At my internship last summer, no one would teach me to do this or utilize my writing skills because they didn't want to teach me things that they could already do themselves.

So far, I have done chapter giveaways, and have started on event planning for several alumni events. I can't wait to really get involved with the OUAA, and hone my skills.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment