Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Decision to Blog

With all the sincerely random, but seemingly important (to me, anyway) thoughts bouncing freely around in my head lately, I have finally broken down, and jumped on the blogger bandwagon.

I have wrestled with the idea of starting a blog for several months now, while bouncing ideas of what the hell I would write about around in my head. For a long time, I wasn't sure I could focus my interest enough on one specific interest enough to have a consistent blog, but now I have officially decided that quite frankly, blog readers, I just don't give a damn.

This decision is thanks in large part to social media strategist Nate Riggs (http://nateriggs.com/). I listened to him him speak at Otterbein College's PaRtner's Conference this past weekend. His presentation, Brand You, detailed 13 steps to creating your own personal brand. Step number 10 just happened to be 'Start Blogging Today'.

Here goes nothing.

So, what is it exactly that I am so interested in that I have decided to blog about?

Life.

In the past nine months (No, I did not have a baby) my life has been changing so much, that I feel it is my job to write about it. My most compelling interests include PR, fashion, music, and skating. So, as I'm sure you can imagine, those topics are largely what my blog will be about.

I have recently discovered that I will be graduating from college one year early, which means all the terrifying major life decisions that a graduating senior must make, for me, are happening a whole year early.

Yikes!

As you can imagine, this scares the bejeesus out of me. Now that I have this blog, I will be able to put all my options out on the table, in full view, not only for you to see, but for me to see as well.

These thoughts are plagued by my recent strange desire to develop my writing skills. Why you ask? Your guess is as good as mine. Yes, I am a journalism student, and isn't the desire to write programmed into our brains from the first time we pick up a crayon?

Who knows. But here goes my best attempt at thoughtful, insightful writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment